Ed Speleers France Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ed Speleers France Forum

Forum consacre a l'acteur Ed Speleers - Forum dedicated on the actor Ed Speleers

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Eragon Star Saved The Film | SCIFI.com

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Angelica Speleers
Fondatrice
Fondatrice
Angelica Speleers

Female
Number of posts : 1098
Localisation - Country : Swiss
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Eragon Star Saved The Film | SCIFI.com Empty
PostSubject: Eragon Star Saved The Film | SCIFI.com   Eragon Star Saved The Film | SCIFI.com EmptyMon 16 Oct - 4:50

Français en dessous de l'anglais

ANGLAIS

Eragon Star Saved The Film

Ed Speleers, the young star of the upcoming fantasy film Eragon, told SCI FI Wire that he won the title role just as production was about to shut down because the filmmakers had had little success casting the all-important part of the hero, a fledgling dragonrider. The 18-year-old English actor was attending a private British boarding school when his drama teacher suggested that he send in an audition tape for the role in the movie, which is based on Christopher Paolini's best-seller.

"I didn't really tell my friends that I was going out for the part," Speleers said in an interview. "I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up, but I got some encouragement [from his drama teacher], and it all happened rather fast."

Little did Speleers know that his was the last of 100,000 photos and tapes that filmmakers reviewed during an arduous casting process. But when director Stefen Fangmeier saw Speleers, he said he knew the young actor was the right person for the role, the young actor's first movie job. And so was 20th Century Fox chairman Tom Rothman, who gave the OK after viewing Speleers' audition.

"At first we were looking at older actors for the role, but it was written for a 16-, 17-year-old, and he was the one," Fangmeier said. "We all saw that sparkle in him. You just know he could do it and be a movie star."

Once he won the role, Speleers played Eragon, a young man who finds a blue stone and ends up riding a telepathic dragon. Speleers traveled from London to Vancouver, Hungary and Slovakia to shoot the movie. "It was a great opportunity," he said. "I would have been a fool not to do it, but I knew there was some burden of responsibility that came with the part."

Now, Speleers says that he thinks he's well equipped to handle fame. "I feel comfortable about it," he said. "I am ready for it. I made it this far." Eragon co-stars Djimon Hounsou, Jeremy Irons, Robert Carlyle and John Malkovich. The film is scheduled to open Dec. 15. —Mike Szymanski

Source: SCIFI.com

FRANCAIS

La star d'Eragon à sauvé le film

Ed Speleers, la jeune star du film de fantaisie a venir Eragon, a dit a Sci Fi Wire qu'il avait obtenu le rôle titre alors que la production allait clore le casting parce que le directeur de casting n'avait pas réellement trouvé la partie la plus importante de son héro, un tout jeune Dragonnier. L'acteur anglais de dix-huit était dans un pansionnat anglais privé quand son professeur d'art dramatique lui a suggéré d'envoyer une audition enregistrée pour le rôle dans le film, celui tiré du best-seller de Christipher Paolini.

"Je n'en ai pas vraiment dit à mes amis que j'allais le faire", dit Ed Speleers dans une interview. "Je ne voulais pas donner de faux espoirs, mais j'ai eu quelques encouragement (de son professeur de théâtre), et tout est allé très vite."

Ed Speleers savait un peu être un des derniers de 100 000 photos et enregistrements que les producteurs ont visionné pendant la difficile durée du casting. Mais quand le réalisateur Stefen Fangmeier a vu Ed Speleers, il a dit qu'il savait que le jeune acteur était la bonne personne pour le rôle, le premier job du jeune acteur dans un film. Et donc, c'est le président de la 20th Century Fox, Tom Rothman, qui a donné son aval après avoir visionné l'audition d'Ed Speleers.

"Nous recherchions un acteur plus âgé pour le rôle, alors qu'il était écrit qu'il fallait un garçon entre 16 et 17 ans, et il en faisait parti" dit Frangmeier. "Nous avons tous vu l'étincelle en lui. Vous savez, qu'il pourrait le faire et devenir une star de film."

Une fois le rôle acquis, Speleers a joué Eragon, un jeune homme qui trouve une pierre bleue et qui devient un dragon qu'on peut chevaucher et a qui on peut parler par télépathie. Speleers a voyagé de Londres à Vancouver, la Hongrie et la Slovaquie pour tourner le film. "C'était une super opportunité", dit-il. "J'aurais été bête de ne pas le faire, mais je savais que c'était une lourde responsabilité qu'on m'avait confié."

Aujourd'hui, Speleers dit qu'il penses avoir été entouré des gens renommés. "Je me suis senti en confiance", dit-il. "Je suis prêt, je m'y suis préparé." Les co-stars d'Eragon, DjimonHounsou, Jeremy Irons, Robert Carlyle et John Malkovich. Le film est prévu pour le 15 Decembre - Mike Szymanski.

traduction : eragon2008
Back to top Go down
http://angelicasworld.livejournal.com

Eragon Star Saved The Film | SCIFI.com
Page 1 of 1